Hello everyone! I will start with the most important and my favorite "Many iPhone users face that there is too little space on the phone - it is extremely necessary to release as much memory as possible on their device, otherwise something terrible will occur."
The perfect start of the article! No? Strange, because this is how most instructions on the Internet begin.
Well, okay, they turned a little bit, let's go to the point. Today's note will be a step-by-step manual who personally enjoys the author of this blog, when it comes with a question: "Something on my iPhone remains too little free space. I want to quickly free the memory! See what you can do? "
And you can do this ...
Step 1. Analyze and delete
First of all, you need to see what exactly the memory of your iPhone takes.
To do this, open "Settings - Basic - IPhone Storage", scroll down the screen, look at the statistics of the use of the repository and ...
We think for a long time on what happens here at all? Why do some programs and applications occupy so much space?!
Looked? Surprised? We begin to fight this disgrace!
It is clear that everyone's different use scenarios are different - each of us has a memory "eaten" with its programs. That is why let's consider the most popular reasons for "Jora" of the free space:
- Photo. Is the film takes a lot of memory? It's time to analyze its "Composition" and remove all unnecessary (blurred and dual photos, unnecessary screenshots, section "Recently deleted") - Make a "general cleaning". You will be pleased, and extra megabytes will be liberated on the iPhone.
- Music and podcasts. Similar to the previous item. Look at what music no longer deserves your attention, but still takes place on your iPhone - remove it. Podcasts go there too :)
- Programs and applications. It seems to me that many have such applications that we do not use, but ... "They seem to be needed!". So here - not needed. In conditions of memory deficit, it is better to get rid of them.
- Data programs and applications. In the process of using the program and the application, the data is accumulated (cache, other information) that can take a huge number of space! Unfortunately, in the iPhone there is no way to remove the program cache separately from the program itself. Here is such a wonderful system! Therefore, the only way to clean the application's memory is to reinstall it. Yes, it is not always convenient, but ... in a different way.
- Correspondence (SMS, IMESSAGE, WhatsApp, Viber, Telegram and other messengers). ABOUT! It seems to me that this is the most popular reason for the lack of space on the iPhone. Agree, each of us has a person who constantly sends (forwards) to us pictures, widgets, postcards, etc. And these things are great "eat" free memory. Try to remove a couple of such correspondence - on your iPhone it is quickly free to frees weight free space!
- Safari. In the process of using the browser retains a huge amount of information. If you see that it has become too "fat", it can be cleaned. Open the "Settings - Safari", click "Clean the history and data of sites."
- Mail. Actively use email? Download attachments, graphics, documents, etc.? It can also lead to "scoring an internal drive" of your device. Delete letters not necessarily. If we are talking about a standard client, it sometimes helps the famous way - "go out and go" into the account. Cash and temporary files will be cleaned, and the memory is free.
- Downloadable, but not installed iOS version. Sometimes in the statistics of the repository use you can meet the mysterious item "iOS", which occupies a decent number of space. What it is? This is the firmware file that has been loaded, but not yet installed on your device. What to do with him? Its (update) can either install or delete. Memory will be free - everything will be fine.
In general, all of the above can be described by one brief phrase - you need to clean up. Open each application that occupies a lot of space according to statistics, and deal with what happens:
- Or delete unnecessary data manually.
- Or perform reinstallation of the application (if it is, of course, perhaps).
Did you delete everything? All cleaned? But there is still not enough places? Going further!
Step 2. Download photo in ICloud
With a sufficient number of space in ICloud (I remind you that only 5 gigabytes are issued for free), all your photos can be sent to the cloud.
This is done like this:
- Open "Settings - Photo".
- Activate "ICLOUD".
- Select "Store Optimization".
Cool? Not bad. But you need to remember one inconvenience - now, in order to view the photo and video, the iPhone should be access to the Internet. Without a network, you will only see the very miniatures in low resolution.
Step 3. Disable "Photostream"
Not anywhere from the settings of the photo and look at whether you have activated the "Photostream" option.
Need more free space? "Phototypes" will have to turn off!
After all, with the active function "Photostream" on the iPhone "load" photos from all your devices. Thus, the film "expands", and free memory is reduced.
Step 4. Take advantage of the "Download Unused" option.
An interesting feature that allows you to free a little loose place at the expense of rarely used applications.
How it works:
- Activate the option (Settings - iTunes Store and App Store).
- Rarely used applications and games "disappear" from your iPhone.
- For their "appearance" will be required to connect to the Internet.
So. And how does this differ from the usual removal?
- The application label remains on the device (next to it appears the "Cloud with an arrow" icon) - You do not need to search for it in the App Store.
- If you believe Apple, then user information inside the program does not disappear anywhere (unlike the full removal of the program).
In general, the thing is funny, but it is necessary to clearly understand how it works. " And, again, the Internet is required.
Step 5. Clear the section "Other"
Perhaps this is the most common cause of the "incomprehensible filling" of the iPhone memory.
"Other" - where are you? How can I find you?
This section can be seen in "Settings - basic - iPhone Storage" or when connecting iPhone to iTunes.
What is stored in it?
- These informal applications.
- Unaccounted cache.
- Documents and files that are downloaded to applications.
How to deal with all this?
On my blog already have a similar instruction!
The most reliable way is to create a backup of iTunes, restore the firmware, restore the backup.
Although ... There are other options - read how to delete the "Other" section on your iPhone.
Step 6. Bonus (Updated!)
The article was published and then the author remembered ...
Good thoughts comes Apla © Folk Creativity
After all, I already wrote about one secret way to quickly clear the iPhone memory - a couple of simple actions and everything will be "ok". As they say, be sure to pay attention!
The text turned out to be big
- The memory itself does not disappear anywhere - see and analyze the statistics of using the repository of your iPhone. Delete, clean, get rid of unnecessary information.
- "Optimization of the ICloud repository" and "shut up unused" - cool options that will help free a little (or a lot) of memory, but you need to be ready for the fact that without access to the Internet you will be a little more suffering.
- "Photostream" is a wonderful thing for those who have an iPhone with a large amount of memory. Places little? Think about the disconnection of this function.
- The "Other" section is incomprehensible thing, removing which, you, as a rule, release a decent amount of memory on your iPhone.
I hope that this step-by-step instruction will help your iPhone - his memory will be cleaned, it will work faster and generally will learn to earn a lot of money (I wanted to joke, but then I remembered that such an opportunity is there!). Be careful and everything will work out. Good luck!
P.S. Have questions? Want to tell your story and share personal experiences? Write in the comments! And of course, put the "huskies" and press the buttons of social networks - this is a sure way to free a little place on your iPhone :) hugged everyone!
Users iPhone and iPad are sooner or later faced with a situation where at the most unexpected moment comes free space on the device and you have to delete the desired content or applications. Looking at the contents of the gadget, we see unfamiliar files and folders, which we fear - what if they are needed for the work of a smartphone or tablet.
In fact, it is possible to release a place on a mobile device without resorting to removing important data. MacDigger offers 10 tips how to free up the memory on the iPhone and iPad.
1. Clear Safari history and Website data
The first step in cleaning the i-device deleting Safari temporary files. Clear the history of visits and cookie files from Safari by selecting "Settings"> Safari> "Clean the history and data of sites." To delete all stored information from the browser, select "Settings"> Safari> "Add-ons"> "Site data"> "Delete all data".
2. Disable photo thoughts
The photo stream service collects the last 1000 photos from the library and distributes them to all devices. The technology actively spends valuable megabytes, so in the event of a shortage of memory it should be turned off. You can do this in the Settings> ICloud> photo.
3. Include the ICloud Media ICLOUD
The ICLOUD media library service mechanism provides for the possibility of synchronizing an unlimited amount of content through the cloud. With the launch of the image and video service, in full, can be unloaded into the Apple cloud storage. The originals of these files will no longer be on the iPhone and iPad, which will save space. You can activate the iCloud media library service in Settings> ICloud> Photo.
4. Delete and reinstall applications
During the application, the application is rapidly increasing due to temporary data. As a result, gigabytes on the iPhone and iPad are literally melted in their eyes. Go to Settings> Main> Statistics> Storage to see the list of the most "resource-intensive" programs. Unnecessary applications can be deleted, important - reinstall.
5. Delete tracks and listen to music in streaming mode
Apple allows you to broadcast music downloaded from iTunes via icloud - download it and stored on the device is not at all necessary. Remove unnecessary tracks from the iPhone and listen online. You can also save space using cutting services, such as Yandex.Music or ZVOOQ.
6. Delete big correspondence in iMessage
Active sending photos and video through iMessage quickly reduces the available space on the iPhone and iPad. Deleting in the application of large correspondence will make it possible to release a place in the device's memory.
7. Updated on the latest IOS version
If you do not have the newest version of iOS and you do not practice Jailbreak, it's time to go to the current version of IOS. In the latest releases, Apple corrected errors, improved the stability of the system and increased productivity on old devices. In addition, the latest updates exempt space on the iPhone and iPad. Go to Main> Updates to check for new versions.
8. Delete screenshots
Users iPhone and iPad often make screenshots. As a rule, screenshots occupy no more than 300 KB in the device's memory, but most often forget to remove unnecessary images. So they gradually "breed" in the photo gallery, occupying more and more space. In such situations, Screeny comes to revenue. The application for iPhone and iPad is specially optimized in order to recognize screenshots, as well as delete them from the device.
9. Delete temporary files
Many applications even after you deleted them, leave there after temporary files. You can solve the problem using the PhoneExpander application. This is a free solution designed to clean the iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch from the extra data. The utility is simple and understandable in management and deletes unused, as well as temporary files, unnecessary applications, music and photos, providing a faster mobile device operation and freeing the place on its internal flash memory.
10. Clear Offline Safari List
Function for deferred reading Safari spends free memory. In case of its use, the amount of cache grows very quickly to several gigabytes. To clean the data, open Settings> Main> Statistics> Storage> Safari, click Edit and remove the offline list. Clearing the cache will not entail the removal of objects from the list to read.
Assortment of current iPhone, which you can install the latest iOS 13, is impressive. Today it is available for all Apple smartphones, starting with iPhone SE and 6S - and you can already be considered classic. The spread over the amount of memory between these and the last iPhones, which came out in September 2019, no less impressive: minimum - 16 GB, maximum - 512 GB. The optimal storage size, which is enough for most - 128 GB. If you suddenly ended the memory, it can be cleaned enough for it, and if not yet, prevent it. Here are 12 useful tips that will help.
1. Understand the "Camera" settings
One of the leaders on the use of space in the iPhone storage today, photos and videotapes that the most active users clog memory are quite quickly considered. To slow down this process, you first need to reduce the quality for ordinary and slow video.
The next step will be the choice of shooting formats. Modern Apple smartphones support two options: "highly efficient" and "most compatible". In the first case, we are talking about HEIF (photo) and HEVC or H.265 (video) that take up to two times less place in memory due to modern content coding mechanisms. In the second case, we speak about JPEG and H.264 - they are up to two times more, but are still more common. However, when transferring data in the HEIF and HEVC format, the iPhone can automatically convert them into the formats that the other gadget supports.
How to do it:
- Open the "Settings", go to the "Camera" section, lower the video recording quality in the Video Record menu and "Record. video";
- Open the "Settings", go to the "Camera" section, deploy the "Formats" menu, select the "High Efficiency" option.
2. Remove duplicates photo and video
Duplicates of photos and videos in the iPhone system gallery appear inevitably. When you are on the journey, you exactly do a few identical frames to leave only the most successful. But remove the rest then too long and tediously, so few people are engaged in it. However, this can be done in a semi-automatic format. To do this, you will need one small free application that can be downloaded from the App Store. It scans the contents of the gallery, finds duplicates and offers to remove all the most superfluous, which is in the photo "Photo".
How to do it: To do this, try the free Remo Duplicate Remover application, which can be downloaded to the App Store.
3. Fill photos and video into the clouds
If you have photos and videos too much, they can be downloaded to free cloud storage. For this, the Google Photo Service is perfect for this, in which all images will be able to accommodate up to 12 megapixel. All that over, will be automatically converted.
How to do it: To do this, it is best to use the free service "Google Photo", which can be downloaded to the App Store.
4. Try photo optimization
In the "Photo" application there is a built-in storage optimization. Using it in the iPhone memory, you can leave the base quality snapshots, and pour images in the original resolution in ICLOUD. Even if you use a standard free place in a 5 GB cloud, it can already be useful.
How to do it: Open "Settings", go to the "Photo" section, select the "Store Optimization" option.
5. Shut off the unused software
You can temporarily erase the software that has been not using recently. This is an embedded IOS function that deletes the application distribution, but leaves all user data associated with it in memory. At the same time, a label remains on the home screen to load the program.
How to do it: Open "Settings", go to the "iTunes Store and App Store" section, translate the "Circle Unused" switch to the active position.
6. Delete cache applications
During the use of any applications, their size inevitably increases. They collect user data to provide offline. Usually all this information can be deleted through the specific program settings. If this feature is not provided, it will be possible to delete the application and download it again.
How to do it:
- Open the "Settings", go to the "Basic" section, deploy the "iPhone Store" menu, go to the specific program menu, select the option "Delete Appendix" - After that, reload it from the App Store;
- Open the necessary program, go to its parameters and configure automatic cache cleaning - for example, in Telegram you need to open the "Settings", go to the "Data and Memory" section, deploy the Memory Usage menu, reduce the storage period using the "Store files" slider .
7. Click Content online view
The speed of modern mobile Internet is more than enough to consume any content online. If you need to clear the location in the iPhone storage, you can delete data downloaded - this is especially true for "music" and "podcasts". But the TV app erases the rollers with a machine gun when the memory is not enough.
How to do it:
- Open the "Settings", go to the "Basic" section, deploy the "iPhone" menu, select "Music", take advantage of the ability to "edit" and delete all content that makes no sense to keep offline;
- Open "Settings", go to the "Basic" section, deploy the "iPhone Storage" menu, select "Podcasts", take advantage of the ability to "edit" and remove all content that makes no sense to keep offline.
8. Limit the automatic download of music and podcasts
To keep your iPhone storage slower, you should turn off or limit the amount of content that is loaded automatically into it. You can manually save in memory only what is needed by Offline access - for example, to music on the road: on the train, a plane or just in the car.
How to do it:
- Open "Settings", go to the "Music" section, deploy the "Storage Optimization" menu, select the minimum amount of memory to be used to store music;
- Open "Settings", go to the "Music" section, translate the automatic download switch to an inactive position;
- Open "Settings", go to "Podcasts" section, deploy the "Load" menu, select the option "Off".
9. Clean Safari browser cache
When you explore Internet spaces, your browser automatically retains some of the information from them to speed up access to it later. The more active you on the network, the faster the place ends in the repository. Nevertheless, it can be cleaned enough.
How to do it: Open "Settings", go to the Safari section, select the ability to "Clean the history and data".
10. Delete useless files in "Messages"
As with any normal messenger, the "messages" also have tools to remove useless content loaded into the device's memory. You can erase the files manually, as well as configure the automatic cleaning of the message after a predetermined period of time.
How to do it:
- Open "Settings", go to the "Basic" section, deploy the "iPhone" menu, select the "Messages" item, remove useless offline files;
- Open the "Settings", go to the "Messages" section, deploy the "Leave Messages" menu, select the option "30 days".
11. Get rid of IOS installation files
When the files needed to install the new iOS version, the smartphone automatically loads them in memory of the device. If you do not want to update, they will be able to remove them through the "settings" of the device to at least temporarily increase the size of the free space in memory.
How to do it: Open the "Settings", go to the "Basic" section, deploy the "iPhone Storage" menu, select the IOS Distribution item and delete it.
12. Clean the Mystical Section "Other"
The "Other" section is the strangest value that is in the iPhone memory. It is constantly increasing, awaying the invaluable place in the smartphone repository. These are temporary files that gradually accumulate, and remove them will be only radical measures. You need to reset the smartphone and restore from the backup.
How to do it:
- Open "Settings", go to the Apple ID account section, deploy the iCloud menu, select the "Backup" item, use the option to "back up" and wait for the end of the process;
- Open the "Settings", go to the "Basic" section, deploy the Reset menu, select the ability to "erase the content and settings";
- After the end of the reset, select the ICLOUD recovery option in the iPhone initial setup menu and wait for the content recovery.
Summing up: Is there a meaning in all
Today, there is still enough iPhone with a repository volume of 16 and 32 GB, which are in the use of Apple fans from different parts of the country. It is quite difficult to live with them today, but still possible. It is enough just to transfer the majority of data in online mobile Internet speeds for this already enough.
Materials on the topic:
You will be surprised, but the usual reboot also helps to clean the disk space. But the thing is that during the start of iOS deletes caches and temporary files. Reload iPhone or iPad easy: just clamp the Power and Home buttons and hold them until you see an apple on the screen.
Deleting caches through settings
Some applications allow you to delete cached data from system settings. Unfortunately, IOS does not distinguish between this opportunity, so you have to go to each and check yourself.
Open the "Settings" → "Main" → "Using storage and iCloud" and click "Manage". Then I alternately select each app in the list and check how much the data is occupied by the data that is stored in it. For example, I have a read-up list of Safari, I have up to 140 megabytes that can be cleaned without any consequences. We click "change" and mercilessly remove. Similarly, we do with other applications (it can be done with "music", "video", "podcasts").
Deleting caches through the cleaning function in applications
Yes, such a function is provided in applications of bona fide developers. As an example, you can bring Tweetbot.
The day in your ribbon flashes a huge amount of media files that settle in cache. For convenience, the developers provided the opportunity to clean it easily. You can also delete the cache in the VK client, Pocket and other applications that are actively downloading files from the Internet.
If you see in the statistics of the repository use that the application takes a lot of space, but it is impossible to clean the cache separately, you will have to delete it with the application.
Just delete and re-install the application, and the problem is guaranteed to disappear. Just do not forget before deleting save content from the application. Re-install conveniently from the "Shopping" tab in the App Store. And so as not to remember the location of the icons on the desktop, make a screenshot before removal.
Resetting and Content
Yes, you all rightfully read. It is sometimes easier to start with a blank sheet than to spend time in search of emours of a free space. In the end, there is nothing terrible in full data erasure: applications can be quickly renovated, and contacts, calendars, notes, and so on pulled out from icloud.
If you decide to such a step, go to "Settings" → "Main" → "Reset" and boldly press "erase the entire content and settings." Yes, I almost forgot: in no case do not restore the device from the backup! Be sure to set up as a new one, and it does not cover the garbage to move back.
Cleaning with special utilities
Do not want to bother? Well, there is a way for you. These are special cleaners and file managers for iOS devices with the corresponding function. I can call at least four such utilities:
Choose any, plug your iOS device, scan the file system and remove all extra garbage.
Some more preventive measures
And now about how to avoid fast memory fill. I do not urge you to disable everything and everything, but to give up the functions that you do not use will be reasonable, right?
- Turn off the storage of HDR originals ("Settings" → "Photo and Camera" → "Leave the original").
- Clean the history and cookie Safari ("Settings" → Safari → "Clean the history and data of sites").
- Disable the improved voiceover voice quality ("Settings" → "Main" → "Universal Access" → VoiceOver → "Speech").
- Disconnect system languages that do not use ("Settings" → "Basic" → "Language and region").
- Leave the background update only for the desired applications ("Settings" → "Basic" → "Content Update").
- Remove the mail accounts used and add them again.
- Clean the Siri cache, turning off and re-turning the feature in the settings.
- Remove the "recently remote" album in the gallery.
- Change the video recording quality to 1080p 30 FPS or 720P 30 FPS.
Here, perhaps, that's all. We hope these tips will help you free a couple of gigabytes and take them with something helpful.
It happened - photos and applications finally scored the memory of your precious iPhone. Do not insert a memory card, nothing to remove. But you can clean the phone without unnecessary nerves!
Yes, we understand that to disassemble 20 GB of photos and videos is an unbearable task. Just transfer them to a cloud and remove them with a relaxed soul phone. The most common and reliable cloud storage facilities:
- Google Drive - allows you to store, edit, synchronize and use files together with other users. If you use the google-mounted - perfect.
- Yandex.Disk is a service for storing and transferring files between devices.
- ICLOUD - Cloud Storage from Apple. Already have in your iPhone, but the available amount of memory in the free version is only 5 GB.
- Dropbox - File hosting with cloud storage, file sync and client program.
- OneDrive - Microsoft service for storing documents, synchronization and exchange between users.
Each repository has paid and free versions. Often the paid version offers a larger online storage. Details need to be clarified in a specific service section. It is worth noting that unloading files is more convenient through services. It does not apply only to icloud - to use it, it is enough to go to the iPhone settings.
Photo and video
What else can we do with endless media files? But what:
- Clear the gallery from unnecessary materials and do not forget about the "recently deleted" folder. It is difficult and hurt, so take on armament of applications that remove repeated pictures:
- Gemini Photos (free);
- Remo Duplicate Photos Remover (free);
- Duplicate Photos Fixer (Paid).
- Disable "Photostream" - the service transmits the last 1000 photos to all devices tied to one ICloud account. How to disable: "Settings" - "icloud" - "Photo".
- Include "ICloud Media". So photos and video will automatically be unloaded into the cloud. The parameter is changed in the same section where the "Photostream" was turned off.
- Change settings for HDR shots. To the gallery there were no identical photos and cleaning occupied less time, act according to the following scheme: "Settings" - "Camera" - we remove the "leave the original".
- Reduce video resolution. If you do not remove the masterpieces of cinema, then the compression of quality from 4k to 1080p will help reduce the size of the video by 2.5 times. At the same time, the strong difference is not caught as an eye. To do this, go: "Settings" - "Camera" - "Video Recording".
Unused applications. Shipment and deletion
With media files figured out, now it's about applications. With the arrival of iOS 11 in the iPhone, the "Shipment" function of unnecessary programs appeared. If the shredded object is to restore - all information in it will be in the state in which it was shredded. In addition, you can set automatic shipment of unused programs.
We go to the "Settings" - "App Store" - "shut out unused".
You can download the applications yourself, for this we act according to the following scheme: "Settings" - "Basic" - "IPhone Storage" - Select the program that we will shut up, tapam on it - "download the application".
The program icon during shipment remains on the Home screen and in the "Application Library", but it looks different:
To restore the shredded app, you need to click on it. After that, the application of the App Store application will start.
If the program is shredded, only the "application size" is deleted, and the documents and data remain. If you are exactly sure that the application you do not need - it is better to remove it at all.
Clearing cache applications
The remaining working programs would be nice to clean the cache. We turn the following scheme: "Settings" - "App Store" - We cancel the automatic application downloads and their update.
Since with each update the weight of the application increases, the most winning option is to delete it and download it again instead of the standard update of the program. This method is suitable for messengers, social networks and games.
In addition, automatic caching is in the settings of the messengers themselves. If you cancel it, control the volume of programs will become easier.
Separately, we walk on system applications: books and music. Each downloaded book or file in iBooks occupy a place, so there will be no cleaning of partitions.
A similar situation with music, if you delete downloaded songs - places will be much larger. This applies to those applications that are available offline listening, for example, Apple Music, Spotify and others.
Cleaning cache browsers
The place on the phone takes absolutely everything, even the story of the browser, so you need to configure the work of Safari, Google, Yandex and other services.
Clean the Safari history and turn off the auto storage of tabs in "Offline mode": "Settings" - "Safari" - "Clean the history and data" + Cancel "Autoship Offline".
Do not forget about the offline tabs themselves in Safari. The deferred reading function spends free memory. The amount of cache will grow very quickly to several gigabytes. To clean the data: "Settings" - "Basic" - "iPhone" repository - "Safari" - Look at the left "offline list" and delete.
A similar procedure can be repeated constantly with each browser.
Messages and mail
Each message takes memory as a letter in the mail. We remove unnecessary correspondence, attachments, MMS and SMS (well, suddenly you still use them).
Mailboxes are best clean and disassemble (not forgetting about the "basket"). The same application occupies a place and quite a lot. Since it is difficult to clear the cache "Mail", just delete the application and download re-either send letters through the browser.
When documents and applications are deleted from the iPhone, there are "temporary files" - the garbage that needs to be removed. To part with such files, after each cleaning the smartphone, do not forget to restart it.
Updating system via iTunes
To maximize the device's memory, install the firmware best through iTunes. If you download updates to the "air" on the iPhone, temporary files are created and saved, which will not disappear after the reboot. However, when IOS is installed via iTunes, the firmware is unpaved on the computer, and temporary files do not fall on the smartphone.
It is equally important to delete already downloaded iOS updates. Backup copies also occupy a lot of space, just deal with them.
We went through the main parameters that will help clean the memory and adjust the stable operation of the iPhone. To make sure that the cleaning has passed successfully, it is worth checking the "iPhone storage" in the settings and follow the memory fill statistics.
Finally, the easiest and most obvious way is to buy an iPhone with a large amount of memory. For example, 64 GB for those who have recently sitting on 32 will seem down by a bottomless pot.
But if you are an instaboker, youtuber or just a fan to make three hundred pictures on the day and install all top games, it will take a heavy artillery. The benefit of the iPhone line has models with a volume of built-in memory up to 512 GB.
This article for all who lack memory in the iPhone or iPad. Under memory, we mean the iPhone storage. Still say "not enough space" ...
I will share a few steps (Some can be known), to clean the internal storage of the device.
Before the beginning, Look and write down how much you have free space in the iPhone. So that after you could compare 😉
So let's go:
1. We look how much space now in the iPhone (all steps equally apply to iPad)
Settings -> About this device
2. Optimize the contents of ICloud
Observe icloud. The space in it is necessary for you to accommodate the original photos and other information from which you can release local iPhone memory or iPad. Let's check that we have in iCloud and is it possible to remove something from there.
How and why use iCloud is described here .
First of all get to backups, Bacapov . Probably if you changed the device, copies of the old device are still stored in iCloud. For example, I found a backup from my old iphone 6s and successfully removed it (leaf off the carousel):
3. Check the photo optimization settings
Go to Settings -> iCloud (pumping into your image) -> photo
Check that the checkbox is installed "Storage Optimization" . If not - I recommend switching to this mode. The originals of the photo will fly into the cloud, and the place on the iPhone / Tablet is free.
4. For the future - save space when recording video
Pass Settings -> Camera -> Video Record And look at video recording options.
You may not need video in format 4k 60. Personnels per second. And it is right, for they occupy as much as 400 megabytes per 1 minute :
Personally, I use 1080p 60 frame / s In this case, the video is very smooth (due to 60 frames per second), and sufficiently high resolution. Wherein, Small size.
Pick up the appropriate option.
5. Check the volumes of information in applications and remove unnecessary
Returning to the iPhone repository view mode We see the following picture. Namely, we see that the survey recorders are music, photos, files, content WhatsApp, voice recorder entries, vidos in the drone shooting program, iMovie and Netflix cache. It's so for me. And how are you?
Walking on all these applications, I was able to release a significant number of space.
What can you do in my example:
- breake down With media content (photo, video) in chat rooms Whatsapp (and other messengers);
- Remove old video from the photo program;
- erase Duplicates Photos ( Unfortunately, do not do without additional programs, for example, PowerPhoto s)
- erase Screenshots In the photo program, and other "trash" pictures. To do this, it is convenient to use the photo viewing mode by albums;
- erase Remote Files from the files program;
- Delete Duplicated voice recorder records;
- Delete old projects iMovie. on the smartphone (forgot about them at all);
- cache Netflix. (or other series of watching films in Offline), if you look at the iPhone shows are not going to ...
- Clear Baskets Applications Sberdisk or other cloud storage
Some actions are visible and described in the gallery below:
What can we get in the end?
Screenshots below the result of my quick cleaning actions. Before and after. I cleared 19 gigabytes.
I think you understand the basic principle.
Need to walk on the content of applications , understand that much no longer need, and remove it. Or reset to backup external media, in the archive, and after removing from the smartphone / tablet.
If you spend on the actions described for about an hour I am sure that you can free a very significant place in your gadget. Especially if you did not do this for a long time.
Try, and write in the comments as we managed to free 💪
Yours sincerely, © Ivan S.
Put like, if you like the article, and Share with friends. Subscribe on canal , In order not to miss new publications.